Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:41:37 -0500

> > Now we have a "Florida Vote" situation in AIS!
>
> That I strongly resent. In Florida two groups of very highly paid
> professionals (I'm excluding the actual vote counters) were trying
> to further their own interests. In AIS a bunch of volunteers, who
> spend hundreds of hours of their own time and hundreds or thousands
> of dollars of their own money each year, were trying to do what is
> best for AIS and the iris world.
>
> I hope you were just trying to be cute.
>
> Gerry
> --
> mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
> Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
> Member San Fernando Valley, Southern California Iris Societies

   If the 'unknowning affiliates' had been properly advised of their 'voting rights,'
we would not have had this rather exasperating experience today of trying to find out
the proper procedure for affliates voting in the 2002 Symposium.  And, if I had not
received a flippant response in my question earlier in the day, I would not have
concluded the day with a flippant suggestion.

  I am assuming the parties in the affiliate with six votes for each
iris  were as confused as our affiliate was.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!