Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:46:50 -0700

wmoores wrote:

>    If the 'unknowning affiliates' had been properly advised of their 'voting rights,'
> we would not have had this rather exasperating experience today of trying to find out
> the proper procedure for affliates voting in the 2002 Symposium.

That is exactly what I tried to do with my statement on the ballot.
The affiliates have the right to vote. I thought letting them know
that was a good thing. You have shown how wrong I was.

> And, if I had not
> received a flippant response in my question earlier in the day, I would not have
> concluded the day with a flippant suggestion.

Walter,

Email is an unforgiving medium. I labeled my silly answer as a
"sarcastic response." I regret having said it at all, because
most of you do not know how my sense of humor works. I had
expected that the disclaimer would show that I did not mean it,
but things do not always work as intended.

>   I am assuming the parties in the affiliate with six votes for each
> iris  were as confused as our affiliate was.

If you're referring to what I think I read, a family with 5
AIS members all voted the same way (perfectly okay), and an
affiliate which happens to have one of the family members
as president also voted the same way (not violating any rules,
but perhaps bending the intension of affiliate voting).

Walter (again),

Lest there be any misunderstanding, I fully realize that
you have already contributed much (MUCH) more to irisdom
with your hybridizing than I will even if I continue with
my computer stuff for 40 more years (which I hope to).

I deeply regret the problems I have caused you and your
society, and welcome all suggestions for making next
year better.

But I'm glad y'all voted.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!