Re: Iris Borer Dete

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris Borer Dete
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:14:12 -0700

Daniel Michalowski wrote:
> On the inside of the back-cover of the AIS Bulletin, July 2001 issue
> there is an advertisement for a Garden Shield product - "Iris Borer
> Deterrent".
> Would appreciate any comments regarding this product?

There was a great deal of talk about that product at the AIS convention,
most of which was scoffing at it.

I was told by Jan Hudson (AIS Treasurer) that the formulation was no
different than when it was first introduced 40-50 years ago. He also
said that you can get the same formulation (or active ingredients I am
not sure which) much more cheaply in some of the dog and cat repellent products.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS