Re: Attacking the AIS Messenger

  • Subject: Re: Attacking the AIS Messenger
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 15:49:13 +1000

I am not an AIS member, but rather an outside observer.

I have to ask...... Why the hell is everyone attacking Gerry for actually
letting people know their rights?  As far as I can see from emails......
affiliates have ALWAYS had teh right to vote and did not know about it.
Now everyone is complaining about him telling them.

Looking in at the AIS from the outside I'd say that this is creating a
PERFECT climate and reason NOT to tell the members anything new.  If I was
Gerry I'd be pretty pissed off that by including some information to let
people know that they CAN vote he's being ripped apart for the process
(which has always been there anyway and it just happened that many did not
do it).  I've seen one comment from him already to support that idea, and I
wouldn't blame him for it at all.

Why aren't people THANKING the guy (I'm assuming "guy" although Gerry could
possibly also be short for Geraldine) for actually trying to HELP people
know what is going on.

Attacking the messenger is a GREAT way to make sure that no-one ever
volunteers to be a messenger ever again and therefore no-one ever finds out
the message in the first place.

If anyone wants to take me apart for this email then please mail me offlist
as I'm sure that others don't want to see it.  If you have constructive
criticism of what I have said then send it to the list.

I'm not even involved in the Society, but I'm definitely exasperated as
well about the reactions to someone trying to help.  Sort of makes me glad
I am nothing to do with management of the AIS.

Paul Tyerman

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!