Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:57:27 -0700

laurief wrote:

> Gerry,
>
> I hope I'm not stepping right into a big pile of poop

You are, but it is welcome...

>....  It seems the affiliates are in
> need of some more structured and specific symposium voting guidelines,

Fer Shure, as valley girls say... My big mistake was thinking
that a statement would suffice and that guidelines were not necessary

> and you requested suggestions, so here are mine.  Off the top of my head,
> perhaps the following paragraph could be used as a jumping off point for
> creating the necessary guidelines to be included with next year's
> symposium ballots:
>
> AFFILIATE VOTING
> Each AIS affiliate is eligible to vote the symposium.  The affiliate
> ballot is to be filled out and counted as a *single* member, designating
> up to 25 cultivars by placing an X in the space to the left of each
> chosen cultivar name.  We encourage affiliates to vote the symposium
> during a meeting of its members using whatever procedures are deemed
> appropriate by the affiliate.  All members of the affiliate, whether
> individual members of AIS or not, are eligible for involvement in voting
> the affiliate ballot.

Based on Sharon McAllister's input, I would suggest emending this
to allow the club to decide whether or not to limit the voters.

> Does that help clarify the matter for those of you in affiliates? I am a
> fairly recent member of AIS (in my second year), and I live in too remote
> an area to have access to any iris club, event, or function.

(Off-topic): Try to set up and justify an iris club in your area!!!!!!!

> Within the
> context of my almost complete lack of organized iris participation,....
> Laurie

Laurie,

Your posting showed great maturity and reasonableness, virtues I too
often lack.

Thank you.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!