Re: AIS:2002 Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS:2002 Symposium
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 01 06:45:23 -0500

>Based on Sharon McAllister's input, I would suggest emending this
>to allow the club to decide whether or not to limit the voters.

As long as I've put myself into it, I may as well stay in (saves the
effort of hosing off my boots each time I step back out of it).  ;-)

Reading yesterday's discussion, it seems at least one club did nothing at
all with the affiliate ballot for lack of knowing who to include in the
vote, while another club limited voting to non-AIS members only.  My
feeling is that any policy regarding voting eligibility on *any* AIS
matter should be determined by the AIS board and not by each individual
affiliate.  Eligibility inconsistencies may leave a very sour impression
on any folks denied the right to contribute to symposium voting by their
own affiliate. I believe the only way to avoid that sort of friction is
for the AIS board to set consistent eligibility requirements for both
affiliates and their members.

>Your posting showed great maturity

So does my physical body, unfortunately.  ;-)

>  and reasonableness

You won't mind if I make my DH read this about a zillion times, will you?

>(Off-topic): Try to set up and justify an iris club in your area!!!!!!!

I'm afraid I'd be the only member at this point.  My area is extremely
iris-ignorant at present, but I intend to change that.  Give me a few
years to initiate/infect the local population with irisitis, and perhaps
that club will happen.

Laurie ... not knowing when to leave well enough alone

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!