RE: Medians

The comment was made re sales of medians vs TB, this is in response to that. I checked my orders and it seems faily equal between TB & medians with perhaps more sales of medians. This hasn't always been the case. Originally there was more TB orders by far. Over the years I have been sending extras with orders of median iris, usually of a type not ordered by the customer and similar to what they order with TBs Eg: if they ordered a lot of pink TBs then I would send a pink SDB, a pink IB and a pink MTB as extras. As well I have been giving a lot of talks to garden clubs and I emphasis how to have bloom through the season with proper selection of different types. In my catalogue I present a lot of photos of SDB and this helps as well. In my catalogue I have listed about 900 TBs and about 900 medians of various types. The medians are listed first in the catalogue, so customers see these listings first. There are a number of places in Canada that offer TBs but only a few offering m!
edians and those usually with a restricted choice, usually of older varieties.

Most orders have a mix of TB and some medians, about 1/4 only medians and about 1/4 (or less) only TBs. The  ones ordering only TB's are often new customers.

A lot of people send out only TBs as extras with their order. I feel that as customers get familar with newer medians, they get hooked. They need the exposure.
Also a lot of gaden visitors come to see the TBs and ther usually are a few medians in bloom and their attention is directed to them. Also the medians are close to the parking area and the TBs are farther away. It all helps.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!