Re: Re: Iris Borer Dete - Reply

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Iris Borer Dete - Reply
  • From: "Daniel Michalowski" <ARADIA@toast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:48:42 -0400

Dear Laetitia:  Thank you ever so much for your reply to my inquiry
concerning the product 'Iris Borer Deterrent'.
You honesty is what I appreciate.
The amount of Iris borer damage around these parts - Western New York and
Ontario Canada is great this year.  Never having the problem (my original
Iris plot) : which has  Orris Root for over 14years with never a problem and
to this plot I have added Iris over the period of 95 thru 98.  In 99 I added
a new plot  near Spruce Trees (not in the open like my original plot) and
planted Iris in 99 thru 2000.  This is the plot that got hit this year.

From various sources in these parts - I have heard such conflicting
information that I am ??????  When the AIS Bulleting arrived with the
advertisement for the 'Iris Borer Deterrent' - I immediately called and
placed an order for two bottles.  The owner told me that he would come to
Rochester and make a presentation to our local Iris Society.  I call the
officials of our local society and they told me no thanks that the product
is a waste.  Wish I would have know this before I placed a order.

I will try the product and see what happens - also.
Thank you again.
Regards, Dan Michalowski
Rochester, NY Zone 5