RE: OT: Van Bourgondin???

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] OT: Van Bourgondin???
  • From: tomd@cals.lib.ar.us
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:13:57 -0600

Hi Talkers:

This is another condemnation of V.B.  About 10 years ago I ordered from
them... and the result was the worst experience I've ever had with a mail
order source.  They kept sending me replacement plants for the misnamed
ones they sent originally...the problem being that each successive
replacement was also misnamed!  It got worse as I communicated with them,
so I eventually gave up.  Of course, no refund was made! I think V.B. is
the last of the large rip-off places still in business.

This is not to imply that folks do not have troubles with other marketers,
but V.B. goes way beyond normal problems.  Plus, they refuse to refund in

I'm a happier man now that I don't deal w/ V.B. ... but I still enjoy the
opportunity to warn others to avoid them like a plague.

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock Street