Re: Re: Iris Borer Dete

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Iris Borer Dete
  • From: "robert stewart" <crusher4@wnclink.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:39:55 -0400

Laetitia,

I am no expert but I in zone 7 have raised a few Iris.  Well I read some were to mulch iris, so I put leaves around them.  Oh what a mess come spring.  I had never seen a borer to speak of until I did this.  I had so many of them. YUK!  I have put mulch between them, never leaves, not over them, and had a whole lot less problem with these borers.  I don't put mulch directly on them here but maybe you have to in cold areas.  Please avoid leaves.