Re: CULT: SOMETHING dug up my rhizomes last night!

  • Subject: Re: CULT: SOMETHING dug up my rhizomes last night!
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:25:39 -0000

 Now don't say I'm just spinning a tall tale here. Years back when my
son was 10 years old we had a toad living under our front porch.  We
had two dogs that were fed on the carport and the toad became so tame
he came out to eat dog food with the dogs everyday.  Amazing enough,
but the dogs moved over and let him eat. The toad (Leo) would come
out when he heard children and I always had a hard time telling the
kids they did not find a toad, he lived there and they could not take
him home.  Sad ending to such a tale, we ran over him one night on
the drive way.  What a bad ending to one strange experience in life.

--- In iris-talk@y..., lmmunro@h... wrote:
> Rosalie:
>    I live in a semi rural area that is surrounded by 'watershed
land'
> that cannot be developed (at least up to this point). That is
> probably why there is alot of 'wildlife' here.
> That's nice about the toad. I have been getting kind of paranoid
> about what else finds my iris patch so attractive these days.
> I guess he can stay :)
> But the little dead snake that I found this there this
> morning...well, its a moot point of course...but still..I wonder
why
> so many creatures are drawn to that area of the yard.
>
> Laetitia
>

> --- In iris-talk@y..., RYFigge@a... wrote:
> > W0w!, Laetitia, where do you live with all that animal life near
> you?  Sounds
> > wonderful in some respects!   And how nice to have a toad -He/she
> will eat a
> > lot of insects, so cultivate him/her by having a nice shady
wettish
> spot  to
> > live in. MAybe under a  loose hollow rock or  stmmp or ? ? Are
you
> near water
> > for egglaying?
> > Rosalie nr Baltimore, USA   zone 7 where we are supposed to get
> rain storms
> > tonight and wish I had a toad!   ryfigge@a...

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!