Re:Symposium Ballot

  • Subject: Re:Symposium Ballot
  • From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:32:10 -0600

I just have to sit and laugh about the furor over affiliates voting on the
Symposium Ballot--didn't persons who had received the ballot read the
directions before voting?  Do persons usually just do something and not
bother to read the directions?  For the past 9 years --as the RVP--I have
been tallying the ballots and sending the results on to the designated
person to complete the tally--and each year I have read the directions and
followed them-- and Region 11 usually had the second highest number of
votes-percentage wise--the amount of money spent by AIS on the Symposium
Ballot is considerable--and if everybody just wants to complain about
it--send Gerry a note and tell him how to improve it--rather than just
criticizing it--
In my professional life--I had to read directions everytime I started to do
something--but I know there are many who never read directions and then just
criticize the results afterward.

A couple years ago--the person who was doing the Symposium Ballot  needed
help--he was also doing the AIS Judges Ballot--and the jobs became too much
for one person to do--so AIS asked for a volunteer to start doing the
Symposium Ballot--Gerry volunteered to do it--and now you'all are jumping
all over him for doing what he is supposed to do--explain who votes and how
to vote--
this is totally uncalled for--Gerry is a great guy--always willing to help
and does a lot for AIS--and I wouldn't blame him if he quit doing the ballot
because of what several persons have said on Iris-talk--
so come on and find another topic to discuss--and send Gerry a thank you
note for doing a tremendous job--as a VOLUNTEER!!!!!!!
Carryl in western Montana zone 3/4--who planted the rhizomes in the club
garden yesterday--and is still amazed with the rhizomes from Zebra Gardens
and Superstition Gardens--really nice big ones with many little side

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!