Re: Iris Borer Dete

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris Borer Dete
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 21:04:22 -0700

Bob & Donna Lockman wrote:

> John, are you talking the little green bullet thingys that you fasten
> with a
> twist tie to a shrub to keep doggies away? Or is there a spray for
> this now
> too? Interesting thought and I am curious now.

Donna,

I have seen bags of granules that you apply on the ground to repel animals.

Jay Hudson did some research on the product and reports:

The active ingredient is methyl nonyl ketone.
Their label
http://www.gardenshield.com/images/label.jpg

Some sites:
http://www.pet-and-garden.com/garden_care_products.htm

http://www.gardnwise.com/documents/msds/10312.pdf

http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/wildlife/repellents.htm

http://www.greenlightco.com/prod_inf/40315pi.htm

http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo/IHouse/Exterior/YardGarden/GardenQ_A/KeepAnimalsOutOfGarden/KeepAnimalsOutOfGarden.html

http://www.cyberus.ca/~kinghg/INGREDIENT.htm

[regarding Jerry Baker's product line]: "...Rather than the mix of beer,
molasses, baby shampoo or molasses recommended on TV as an "all-season
green up tonic", his fertilizers
contain the typical blends of nitrogen, phosphates and potash found at
every garden center....The company's top-selling item is Jerry Baker's
Dog and Cat Repellent - 'my unique formula', as his catalogue describes it.

Actually its methyl nonyl ketone, the same ingredient found in other dog
repellents...the only difference is price."

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: