Re: ADMIN:AIS: Symposium

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN:AIS: Symposium
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:04:03 -0500

On 6 Aug 01, at 21:22, John Jones wrote:

> I have to say that the symposium thread has been one of the most
> tenacious on the list in a long time and one that has sometimes bordered
> on the edge of turning nasty. I appreciate that you all have pretty much
> maintained decorum.
>
> Please remember that the best approach is to express your own opinions and
> avoid intrepreting those of others, or taking someone to task about
> something they said.

>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> http://www.AISGiftShop.com
>
> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA

Since I am replying to John's post, I am letting the ADMIN tag stay,
but don't mean to construe by using it, that I have any
administrative power, which I certainly don't.  I am writing 'in re.'

I concur that the tone of the 2002 Symposium discussion bordered on
getting out of hand.  I just want to say there was no attack of any
sort.  I have every respect for Gerry and the monumental tasks he has
performed in assemblying and administrating the symposium  on his own
time.  He was and is commended for stepping in and taking over at a
very critical time.  (See old threads in the Mallorn Archives)

There was a statement about not reading and following through with
directions.  I will close this by saying that it WAS because we read
the directions that the 2002 Iris Symposium thread was initiated.  It
was because we differed on the interpretation of those directions
that the thread got somewhat off track.

Thanks, also, to Donald Eaves for his counsel and astute ability to
summarize the issue with cool brevity.

Vote your 25 Tall Bearded Favorites and send the ballot in to your
RVP if you are a bearded fan and are of mind to do it.  If you are
not 'bearded,' go back to Mallorn again and relive those happy days
found in 'A Modest Proposal.'  If you don't believe in polls, then do
what you will.   Check on MAYTAG RED in the archives and on Iris-
Photos.  You're in for a laugh or two.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Small business owners...