Subject: ADMIN:AIS: Symposium

  • Subject: Subject: ADMIN:AIS: Symposium
  • From: "Glenn Grigg" <gggrigg@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:37:33 -0400

I have been reading about the voting of the Symposium and have kept quiet until now. Please give Gerry a break. As a outgoing Chairman of an affiliated society, "Eastern North Carolina Iris Society" I am amazed that we could have been voting as a society. I simply assumed that when I received the AIS Bulletins that the Society copy with the symposium was mailed because it was to complicated for the editor to remove the symposiums from the envelopes after they had been labeled.  Now to complicate matters our society "only" has AIS members who each get a symposium! Do we vote more than once? How is a consensus formed. Also we only meet 4 times a year and do not meet usually between the time the ballot arrives and when it is due to be turned in. I know we could meet more often, but we do well to get together 4 times a year as some drive over two hours to get to meetings.

Any thoughts on this.

Glenn Grigg  Zone 7

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!