Regional and climate problems

  • Subject: Regional and climate problems
  • From: Flowheat@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:06:48 EDT

I think it's interesting, how each region has its problems. In the dry west
we do not have iris borer. Since we have alkaline soils, Spurias and bearded
irises do very well, but Siberian are marginal and Louisiana and Japanese
iris don't do very well here.  I will need to find some dappled shade or get
rid of my Louisiana's as the flowers started to fold within 2 hours of
blooming this summer.

When visiting Texas (at the AIS convention) I was appalled at seeing fire
ants.  I had never seen them before.

Florence
zone 5/6

Small business owners...