Re: CULT: Iris Borers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Iris Borers
  • From: <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, vince lewonski wrote:

>    V. sez:
>    Having been vigilant in cleaning up all dead leaves and
> keeping the garden weed-free going into winter, I can
> categorically state that this WILL NOT eliminate borers. I

> Vince Lewonski
> vincelewonski@yahoo.com
> Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b

Vince & all,
Can anyone tell me how far down the fans should be cut to get rid of
borer eggs ie how short should the "haircut" be? Dennis do you have any
suggestions? Does the mother moth lay her eggs closer to the tops of the
iris leaves or the bottoms?

I always assumed the eggs were laid close to the bottom of the fans so
the new little caterpillars would be closer to the rhizome.

 --
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

Small business owners...