  • Subject: CULT:Mulch
  • From: Debi Schmitt <otisbird@fix.net>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:25:06 -0700

>sweetgum bark & fine roots probably added a nice dose of nutrients
>to the compost.  Add a little nitrogen, and yummy.

Thank you all for your responsis.  Now another question.  I have an open
bag of  Kellogg's Grow Mulch that is a year old or more.  I am near the
ocean in California.  I know from reading other posts about some mulch
burning the iris.  Can I sprinkel some of this on my iris beds?  And when
should I be doing this?  USDA 9 Sunset 17  Thanks
              /  /6|__\
              \  \/--`
              /  \\           debi
             /    )\