From today's daylily robin

  • Subject: From today's daylily robin
  • From: "Mary Ferguson" <cferguson@conpoint.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:30:16 -0500

Greetings from hot and humid - wish it was more like wet 'n wild :-) since
we've been so rain-deprived - Region One, zone 4b, Omaha, Nebraska.  Our heat
index has hovered around 110 degrees for the past few days.

Many of you have sent private posts inquiring about Larry Harder.  I spoke to
his mother a few moments ago.  Larry is still in the hospital, and will be
inpatient for several more weeks (the Harder family hope Larry is home and in
fairly decent shape by the Christmas holidays).  He is walking around a
little now, but still has lots of bags attached and is unable to speak due to
tubes (not to mention the sore throat that comes from the tubes).  Larry's
mom said he's had a couple of surgical procedures performed since we last
spoke in an attempt to improve his condition; however, just when Larry seems
to gets a little better, he has a setback.  Visitors are restricted to family
only, but Larry's mom asks that we send more cards and that our thoughts,
good wishes, and prayers continue.  Larry's family believes the cards are
greatly responsible for elevating Larry's morale, which is all-important
during recovery.

Larry's hospital address is:

Larry Harder
c/o St. Luke's Medical Center