Re: Cult: Fire Ants.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: Fire Ants.
  • From: CHARLIE BROWN <broiris8@airmail.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:45:53 -0500

I have to throw my 2 cents in here.  I have used Amdro bait for the past
3 years here in Texas.  I have 2 acres free of fire ants.  The bait does
something to the queens reproductive system and the ants die out.  It is
non toxic and made from ground corn plus what ever is the active
ingrediant.  Be sure and check the date on the label if you buy it since
it has only about 6 months shelf life.  It also isn't cheap.  I think 8
ounces is about $7.  Hope that helps.  I use about 2 bottles per year
and sprinkle it around the fence line of my field. Charlie zone 7 north

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!