TB: accessing the on-line poll on Iris-talk

  • Subject: TB: accessing the on-line poll on Iris-talk
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <wolf-com@home.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:42:29 -0400

Hi there;
I have received a number of e-mails from folks that are iris talk members
that have had trouble entering the Yahoo!Groups website to vote in the "for
fun poll" that I set up in the Iris-talk area of the Yahoo!Groups website.
We do want you to vote but in order to vote you have to enter the
Yahoo!Groups website.

You have to sign into the Yahoo!Groups website with your registered member
id password. You cannot access the Yahoo!Groups website without being a
registered member. That said, all of you that are reading this item are
already a member with Yahoo!Groups and also the Iris-talk list with your
present id... so you should just sign in with the existing membership info
you have.

If you can't remember your password you used when you registered/joined...
to enter the website just follow the on-screen instructions and I believe
the Yahoo!Groups server will e-mail you a new password to use.

It's quite important to be able to access the Yahoo!Groups website as this
is the place to go to manage your various mailing lists (including
iris-talk) that you belong to. This is the place to: modify your list mail
delivery, cancel/join your list memberships, read the files that are stored
there for the list members, participate in polls that are active, there is a
chat area for each list, as well as all the messages of all the lists that
are archived there for on-line reading, etc., etc..

Cheers and I hope this helps anyone that wanted to vote in the poll that may
have had a problem accessing the Yahoo!Groups website Iris-talk area where
the poll is located.

Chris Hollinshead
American Iris Society(AIS)Website

Small business owners...