Re: Barrels, irises, etc

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Barrels, irises, etc
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:23:44 EDT

Somehow irises in barrels doesn't sound right to me -- maybe for dwarfs it
would be pretty.  If you want something tall,  how about trying Yucca, altho
I have no idea how that would work, but they wouldn't need drainage -- or
else  put holes in the barrel -- all would depend on your area.  Years ago I
tried potatoes in a barrel -- this was awhole barrel, not the cut-in-half
variety..  It worked very well and the experiment was sort of fun to do
because I had tried potatoes in the garden and their "foliage" takes up too
much room for a small garden.  I forget the method, but I probably have the
article somewhere, since I am buried under paper-work I  have kept and now
trying to get rid of before the house sinks!  Rosalie nr Baltimore,USA ,
where we need more than a sprinkle of rain.    zone 7      ryfigge@aol.com

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!