Re: CULT: Iris in Large Barrels

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Iris in Large Barrels
  • From: "Iris Test Garden" <iristg@stjohntelco.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:22:08 -0700

<< Does anyone else do this, or is this detrimental to the iris and they
really
 require being planted in the ground?  >>
Pat,
I've done it for several years -- both in pots and half barrels and live in
an area where we freeze most of the winter.  I've had really good luck both
with blooming and expanding.  I usually bring the pots closer to my house
during the winter for some wind protection.  Janet
IRIS TEST GARDEN
Jim & Janet Leifer Family
1102  Endicott - St. John Rd.
St. John, WA  99171