Re: Re: CULT: Iris display gardens

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Iris display gardens
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:37:32 -0500

Walter, I thought your report on Austin Morgan's Iris Test Garden rang a bell, and I went to look in my stack of catalogs of a few years back.  Sure enough, I found a 1998 catalog from ITG which says, "IRIS TEST GARDEN has been located in St. John, Washington since its purchase from Austin Morgan in 1994.  It is curwrently a family business owned and operated by Jim & Janet Leifer Family."  I didn't know if it still existed there, but, lo and behold, when I return to my computer I find a message from Janet concerning iris growing in barrels.   So the question is answered, and we know there is still an ITG in Washington.   I'd like to visit there and maybe will someday when I go visit my family in Washington, at least if I can do it in the bloom season out there.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net