Re: Re: CULT: Iris display gardens

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Iris display gardens
  • From: "Iris Test Garden" <iristg@stjohntelco.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:56:50 -0700

Walter, I thought your report on Austin Morgan's Iris Test Garden rang a
bell, and I went to look in my stack of catalogs of a few years back.  Sure
enough, I found a 1998 catalog from ITG which says, "IRIS TEST GARDEN has
been located in St. John, Washington since its purchase from Austin Morgan
in 1994.  It is currently a family business owned and operated by Jim &
Janet Leifer Family."

Arnold,
Would love to have you anytime you're in Washington!  We had a wonderful
bloom season this year and have expanded our garden since our purchase from
Austin.  He died several years ago, but we were very privleged to have his
wife, Ione, visit us this year during our bloom.   She said, "Austin would
be very pleased!"  That made us feel great!  We're in the middle of "wheat
and barley" harvest right now, but finished the majority of our iris
shipment before it began.  Has been in the high 90's this week and we're
praying for moisture soon!

I don't always "talk", but I "listen" a lot and have learned through the
years -- I'm very appreciative for all the knowledge that is presented
through this list.  Janet
IRIS TEST GARDEN
Jim & Janet Leifer Family
1102  Endicott - St. John Rd.