Re: TB: HIST: help

  • Subject: Re: TB: HIST: help
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:07:50 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., Linda Mann <lmann@i...> wrote:
"Anybody have a photo of DYMIA or ETHIOP QUEEN they could post to
iris-photos please?"

Linda, I also would like to find a picture of DYMIA.  I've looked and
haven't found either.

The form was very much like that showing for BLACK FOREST in the HIPS
photo under "Quick Fix," with the color lighter than BF, the texture
very smooth and silky.  A number of Craig's aphylla hybrids have a
similar character.  Dymia was also quite tall with a strong but
refined, slender stem, and as I remember, good branching.  That falls
short of a photo by a quantum measure, I know, but it may be better
than no information at all.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC