Re: CAT:Argyle Acres

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CAT:Argyle Acres
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:32:11 -0500

On 12 Aug 01, at 11:11, Pat wrote:

> I would like to put in a small order with Argyle Acres for some historic
> iris (they had so many that I decided to use birth years of myself,
> husband and relatives to make my choices :o), but was wondering if others
> have ordered from them, and what their experiences have been?  I would
> really like my first experience ordering to be a pleasant one.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pat
> Atlanta (transplated from Toronto)

   I have received great plants from them in the past.  In fact, I was looking
at their catalog just last night because my order has not arrived
yet.

   They don't start shipping to Texas and Oklahoma until August 15.
Guess Mississippi and other warmer areas would also be in that group.
They further state that they don't take orders after August 1.

   Superstition takes orders until August 20, and they have a
tremendous collection of historics, so you might find what you are
looking for there.  They aren't online though with their catalog but
you could certainly email them with your list and go from there.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8