Re: Re: SPEC: X Pardancanda

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: SPEC: X Pardancanda
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:21:45 -0400

>  >   All my white Pardanthopsises suddenly
>>  turned purple!)
>Sound rather lovely actually. <grin>  Let me know if you get seed.  I have
>recently planted seed of a yellow form.  I used to have an orange and a
>purple and a yellow one (all spotted) but the dark purple is all that

I have been taking pollen from Belamcanda and applying it to
Pardanthopsis but I'm not getting any seed pods.  Is their some
special trick to getting this cross to take?  Or am I doing it

I'm afraid to take pollen from P. and apply it to B. because the bees
already pollinate 100% of the B. flowers anyway.
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6