Re: HYB: seeds in containers

  • Subject: Re: HYB: seeds in containers
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:02:12 -0400

<An old irisarian told me that placing the iris seeds touching caused
them to
break dormancy.      Annette in Kentucky>

I have also heard this from several wise & experienced (sounds better
than old <g>) hybridizers.  Anybody know the basis for this passed along
wisdom?  "Sow them thick as beet seeds" is what I was told.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8