Re: TB: HIST: help

  • Subject: Re: TB: HIST: help
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:14:45 -0400

I said:
"Anybody have a photo of DYMIA or ETHIOP QUEEN they could post to
iris-photos please?"

<The form [of DYMIA] was very much like that showing for BLACK FOREST in
the HIPS
photo under "Quick Fix," with the color lighter than BF, the texture
very smooth and silky.  .....Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC>

Thanks Neil.  That helps.  I am still trying to come up with some
potential identification for the red-black weed I grow that was
mis-labeled as CHERRY SMOKE & was asking about BLACK FOREST's parents
(DYMIA & ETHIOP QUEEN) because BF is somewhat similar.  Most of the
red-black photos I've looked at have bronze or some other yellow tints
on the beards.  My fake 'CHERRY SMOKE' has more self (maybe partly pale
bluish purple?) beards. I bought SABLE NIGHT this year to see if maybe
that's it, tho I think this critter is more tailored than the photos
I've seen of SN.

I notice that BLACK FOREST is said to be a TB on Mike's photo
description, but I thought it was an IB?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8