Re: Iris in Large Barrels

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris in Large Barrels
  • From: "William Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:02:04 -0000

Pat:  We have had Celebration Song in a ( 50 gallon cut in half ) barrel for
the last four years and had no problems. We reach a low temperature of
somewhere around 10-15 degrees, sometimes have snow 3 feet deep, have summer
temperature up to 105 degrees ( weather man says 95 ) we have 4 plants
originally in the barrel and divide annually. I guess I should mention we
are at 3500 foot level and in the California Sierras, East of the capitol
( Sacramento )  Hope you can use this imput.
Bill Stone
Stone's Iris Garden