Re: Re: Culture: Torching Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Culture: Torching Iris
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:11:30 -0700

A couple of years back we tried an actual machine made for burning weeds.
Worked fine, even though the iris were singed they came back great the
following spring.  The machine was a little on the expensive side and we
figured out that you can just light a match and achieve the same results.
:-)  We burned some dead foliage and weeds late last fall and there were no
visible negative results this past bloom season, in fact I think the iris
did better where we burned.
Mike