Iris borer photo

I found an URL which has  a set of photographs showing the moth, the larva and a photo of the "wet" appearance of an affected iris fans early on in an infestation.  Since I have not seen this "critter" before I was concerned with knowing what I was looking for when examining my plants.  To date I have not had a problem with borers, I get to deal with fire ants instead.  That could be why I don't have borers as the little devils attack and eat/tear apart anything that moves.  Anyway here's the website for anyone else out there who might be interested in a good visual on iris borers.
We are having quite a problem with large grasshoppers this year and I kill every one I can capture.  They munch my fans and generally damage any plant they get on.  My roses have been devastated by the darn things, seemingly overnight.  Saturday leaves, Sunday chewed and nude.  Sigh.  Anyone else having grasshopper problems this year?
Joanna Varner
Round Rock, TX  zone 8/9 (depending on Mom Natures mood)

the system manager (postmaster@tdi.state.tx.us)