Re: TB: HIST: help

  • Subject: Re: TB: HIST: help
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:37:23 -0400

<... your "Cherry Smoke" ... observations of it in bloom I would guess
that you are reaching too far back ... It appears to me as more closely
resembling irises that were introduced in the 1950's or early '60's.
.... your iris is a red-black, while BLACK FOREST is definitely a
blue-black. Jeff Walters in northern Utah  (USDA Zone 4/5, Sunset Zone
2, AHS Zone 7)>

Thanks Jeff.  I'm not at all good at guessing eras of introduction.  If
I see two together, as I did with SUPERSTITION and my "CS" this spring,
it is usually obvious which is older.  Did you get any ideas as to what
my "CS" might be?  How is it doing for you?  Any resemblance to SABLE
NIGHT?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8