Re: Iris borer photo

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris borer photo
  • From: "robert stewart" <crusher4@wnclink.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:56:09 -0400

Hi Joanna,

No I haven't had a problem with grasshoppers and I hope I never do.  However I just bought some iris awhile back and went to check for heaving and to my shock.  I had lost one to a vol who had followed a mole trail.  I have never heard of these nasty critters eating an iris.  Does anyone in iris talk have a problem with vols and moles.  Sure like to squash them like a grasshopper to.  I still can't believe they ate a iris rhizome.  I knew they ate lillies, daylilies, hosta, liatris and now iris.  Lost a expensive hosta this spring to these critters.  Bypassed the cheaper wons and went for my new one.  Please help.......