Re:TB: HIST: help - 'not Cherry Smoke'

  • Subject: Re:TB: HIST: help - 'not Cherry Smoke'
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:08:06 -0400

<Do either of you who are growing the 'not CHERRY SMOKE' have a
picture to post on iris-photos? I'm getting real curious as to what
it looks like/ It sounds pretty Laetitia>

Go to iris-photos, then search for CHERRY SMOKE.  Or go to May 13 of
this year.  It is pretty, and probably the most robust, prolific,
reliably blooming iris I grow, tho it needs to be dug fairly regularly
to keep blooming like mad.  I have about decided it might be a local
seedling from something that was too 'dated' to be introduced and has
been passed around this area a lot because it is so pretty and grows so
well.  The coloring is pretty much identical to SUPERSTITION, but the
form is older.  I've grown a few bee pod seedlings from 'not CHERRY
SMOKE', and they all look & act pretty much look like the mama.

The closeup shot, which shows the color much better than the clump shot,
has a clump of CELEBRATION SONG on its last legs in the background.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8