HYB: Purple Leaf Base

  • Subject: HYB: Purple Leaf Base
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Hensler <christyh@povn.com> wrote:
> I have to agree with Jeff that the trait (plb) looks like
> follows Mendelian
> rules.
> Just checked on a line of seedlings out of an
> unidentified non-pbf X GALLANT
> MOMENT (pbf) and just about 1/2 are pbf.
> Christy Hensler
> Skip & Christy Hensler
> Newport, WA
> http://www.povn.com/rock/
   V. sez:
   One of those "old irisarian tales" is that irises with
plb tend to be more vigorous and disease resistant than
their green cousins. Have any of you hybridizers noticed
any difference in growth/vigor between seedlings with plb
and their green sibs?

Vince Lewonski
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
"Mary had a little lamb