IRC: Friday Night Chat

  • Subject: IRC: Friday Night Chat
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 06:57:36 -0700

It has been a while since I sent out a IRC Chat announcement, mostly
because the Chat address is now the same every week and you don't have
to look up a new one each time.

Every Friday night at 6:00PM Pacific time we meet on a chat site to
share iris and other experiences. It is a privately run chat site, so we
don't get all the obnoxious posts from people with their own (mostly
strange) agendas. It is a family friendly site, and everyone is welcome.

If you have an IRC program (like mIRC or Ircle) just point it at
vengers.tzo.com and once you are there type:

/Join iris-l
(Note: that is a lower case "el" not the number one)

or alternatively there is a Java Chat client avaliable at Vengers Chat
page at:

Around the middle of the page it says "Click For Java client." Click on
the word "Click" an you will be connected to the chat. It takes a while
to load so be patient, but it does work, and it is easy.

The chat starts at 6PM Pacific Time and goes til eveyone gets tired.

If you need additional information about Chat, go to my website (address
below) and click on the link fir Friday night Chats.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS