Re: AIS: Now Best Time to Join!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Now Best Time to Join!
  • From: "robert stewart" <crusher4@wnclink.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:37:44 -0400

Hi,

Anybody got any neat ideas for hanging baskets or potted plants for patio's.  Ideas for flower boxes.  Like you see petunia's in.  Been thinking of making a deep one of rock and putting small holed chicken wire on bottom to deter moles and voles.  Anybody have a solution for these voracious monsters.  They ate and iris rhizome.  Never dreamt they would eat on.  Just purchased it never got to see it bloom.  I am on the warpath.....    Need help......They always bypass the cheap stuff and eat the expensive plants.  I bought a expensive hosta.  Put it with the  inexpensive ones.  Couldn't believe it this spring when I found they had eaten it bypassing other hosta.  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Sure is hot.....     Happy Gardening