Re: Iris of course

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris of course
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:33:17 -0700

geddis@directcon.net wrote:

> Hello,
> Just want to introduce myself as a new member of your group.  I am
> new at collecting iris, but already have a good collection started
> (at least I think so.)

Welcome, Mary.

> I am trying to find pictures of each of my iris online to print for
> my journal.

One suggestion is to go to the AIS web page   http://www.irises.org
which has a small photo gallery and links to many commercial gardens
and hybridizers, a bunch of which have many pictures. Even if you
don't find the ones you are looking for, you can have a lot of
fun and waste a lot of time.

A special resource for pix of older iris is the Historic Iris
Preservation Society's web page, which can be reached through
http://www.worldiris.com/

Good luck,

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP