Re: Re: PHOTO: finding pictures

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: PHOTO: finding pictures
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 01 08:32:26 -0000

>You might try using the Google search engine.  Type in the name of the
>iris and the word <iris>.  I've found a few I was looking for that way -
>some were in online catalogs, some on home pages, not all were in
>English.  A lot faster than trying to wade thru catalog links.

The Google Image Search (http://images.google.com/) is an even more
effective tool for finding iris pics than the Google Advanced Search.
Using the Image Search and quotation marks around the name of the iris
tends to bring best results.  For example, if you want to find a pic of
the Siberian iris BUTTER AND SUGAR, go to the image search URL provided
above and type in:

"Butter and Sugar" iris

It may bring up a couple of unrelated pics as well, but you'll get your
image of BUTTER AND SUGAR.

Laurie