BIO: Newbie

  • Subject: BIO: Newbie
  • From: Pat Mitchell <pattm@execpc.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:58:52 -0500

Hello all.  I've been lurking for a few days and thought I'd introduce
myself.  I am a newbie newbie newbie when it comes to Irises.   I've
grown the standard intermediate bearded and dwarf bearded that everyone
and their mother seems to have (dark purple falls and lavender
standards), but this spring I caught the TB Iris fever.

I've bought a ton of new (to me) cultivars and am anxiously awaiting the
spring bloom.  Eventually I'd like to try crossing some, not so much for
market, but for my own curiosity and enjoyment. I have a 3/4 acre
suburban yard that needs more gardens (sure sure sure) . . . .

If any of you are on the Mallorn perennials list, you'll know me.  I've
been gardening with perennials in my zone 5, SE Wisconsin gardens for
years.

I'm looking forward to gleaning all the information I can from you Iris
experts out there.
--
"""""
Pat Mitchell