Re: CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators
  • From: melody ross <melrossmt@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

My mother in law used a cigarette "soup" for her
garden and flowers. You take some cigs and break them
apart and pour water over the tobacco. Let this sit(it
will change color)and then she watered the plants w/
it. She said it never hurt the butterflies but kept
"chompy" bugs away. She would just do it about twice a
summer, I think.
Mel
MT zone4