OT: Iris display garden/sales

  • Subject: OT: Iris display garden/sales
  • From: pbrooks@whidbey.net
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 01:05:56 -0000

Hey, gang,

I made a post last Sunday that I don't see, so let me repeat
briefly.  So far as I know, mine is the only specialty display garden
on Whidbey Island, where I live.  So next bloom season, I plan to
send invitations to garden clubs on the island and some regional
clubs on the mainland to visit my gardens.

I would also like to make available for sale some -- lots -- that
will have to be divided next year.  My limited space will require
thinning.

Trouble is, my gardens are made on the property of the apartment
complex I live in.  And the manager says I can't sell any here.  Any
suggestions from anyone who's been in this position?

I wonder whether one solution might be to list the cvs for sale here
and send divisions in July/August.  But would that classify me as a
grower, with all the commercial regulations that go with?

All suggestions appreciated.  And if you want to reply directly to
me, my e-mail address is above.

Thanks,
Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8-9