Re: Re: HYB: seeds in containers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: HYB: seeds in containers
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:13:20 -0700

I was once told by Marilyn Maryiott  (of Maryott's Iris Garden) that she
and Bill put all the seeds together in the center of a pot and cover
them with dirt to get the best effect. Don't separate them. I never had
a chance to do a controlled experiment on it, but I did get a good
germination rate.

John

pbrooks@whidbey.net wrote:

> Annette,
>
> Amazing!  Has anyone done a controlled experiment of this?  Like
> planting half the seeds from one pod touching in a container and the
> other half spaced more widely as you do with other seeds of that size?
>
> Patricia Brooks
>
> --- In iris-talk@y..., tmilchh@a... wrote:
> > An old irisarian told me that placing the iris seeds touching
> caused them to
> > break dormancy.
> >      Annette in Kentucky

http://www.AISGiftShop.com