Re: SPEC: Vesper Iris.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: Vesper Iris.
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:55:09 EDT

Mark, I'm no expert - I just let them seed themselves.  Maybe that is why I
don't have  them anymore - and they are so lovely, I really miss them and
must try again.  I first found them around the family gravestones in a corner
of the plantation that had belonged to my grandmother's family in  NC since
before the Revolution.  Maybe I'll stop by there en route from the AIS Fall
B'd meeting in Nov and see if any are left there!  My idea would be to let
them do their stuff and keep half out to do your stuff with!  -  Like
planting them where you want at the depth  that Mother Nature would use ==
and since NC  doesn't get a fierce winter, that is probably not as necessary
as it is for bearded irises.   I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance so pay
attention to anyone else who sounds more knowledgeable! I should not have
opened my email mouth and put my keyboard in it!     Good Luck!  Rosalie nr
Baltimore,USA  zone 7   ryfigge@aol.com

1