Re: CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:05:52 -0500

What John wrote about not using any tobacco product near tomatoes is certainly true.  That also means to be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling the tobacco products and before you touch your tomatoes.  I remember my Dad using the Black Leaf 40 to spray Mom's rose bushes when they got aphid-infested, too.  I would suggest that instead of buying the very expensive cigarettes to make your spray or soup you would buy pipe tobacco, which costs much less.  ;-) for Elmer and the Flit.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250