Re: Re: Water isis & companion plants

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Water isis & companion plants
  • From: gmbeasle@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:21:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/01 8:24:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dave2943@yahoo.com writes:

>  I have not grown siberians for long but think that they would do well
>  in a bog garden as well as Japanese iris and pseudocorus.  They have
>  a different type of root, very fibrous.
>  I may be mistaken about the siberians, but I don't think so.
I collected my pseudocorus from a pond on my property in RI, and at first I
thought it had to have water to grow (but it doesn't).  Won't I. versicolor
also grow in water.

I used to grow the Japanese in pots that I put in the edge of the pond (so I
could take them out in the winter)

RosalieAnn (currently living on the Potomac SE of Washington DC, where I have
planted I pseudacorus and Gerald Darby in the marshy spots in the yard (which
they are gradually drying up) and in the drainage ditch by the road in front
of the house)