Re: Re: HYB: unanswered questions - touching seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: HYB: unanswered questions - touching seeds
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:49:06 -0600

> From: FRANCELLE EDWARDS <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
If planted too closely together their delicate little roots grow together
and are damaged when I try to separate them for transplanting.

I have found that when I have a pot of seedlings where the roots have grown
together that it is much easier separate them without damaging the roots if
I tip the contents of whole pot into a bucket of water and separate them
there. A lot of the separation can be achieved by just gently swirling the
seedlings around in the water without directly touching the roots at all.