Re: Water isis & companion plants

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Water isis & companion plants
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:49:39 EDT

Dear Rob,
     I'm pretty sure Louisianna Irises will grow in a bog. Mine are growing
next to a bog, but not in it. I have Roy Davidson & another beautiful species
cross in the bog along with some hybridized pseudocoris from Mark Cook. They
are lovely. Also, I think Japanese Irises show grow there for you in zone 7.
I live in zone 5/6 where the water will freeze & the japanese irises can't
overwinter in freezing water, so I grow them near but not in my bog, further
from the water than the Louisianna Irises. Both of these need acid
fertilizer. I also have some Loosestrife in the bog.
     Annette in Kentucky, zone 5/6